Thursday, September 24, 2009

The Tagged Experiment


   I have myspace, facebook, twitter, tagged, hi5, netlog, flixter, and woome accounts, among others. Generally, I join these sites to connect with friends and family back home in St.Lucia, or those friends I don't regularly see here in the U.S.. Sometimes, I join because of a request from a email conatct to do so or just to see what all the hype is about. Sure, I've exchanged messages back and forth on these sites with people I don't know and I do think it is a good way to meet people from different countries, backgrounds and cultures you other wise would not have met. Nonetheless, I had never had contact with a stranger met on a social networking site {or online as a matter of fact} on the phone or in person.
      So when I met someone on tagged and became really interested in them I was reluctant to advance the blossoming attraction by having a conversation on the phone. Curiosity got the better of me and we exchanged numbers. I thought , how far will this go, will it be a quick fling, will it be restricted to the phone or will we eventually meet? Since I am a new blog addict I decided to blog about it. Stick with me through the awkward first phone call, the getting to know each other and the evolving of feelings. This is what I call The Tagged Experiment {best name I could come up with, lol}.

No comments:

Post a Comment